By using SettleNet.org, you are agreeing to abide by these User Guidelines. Being in a community with others requires adopting some common standards. Thank you for playing your part in co-creating a safe space for connection, collaboration, and inspiration on SettleNet.org.
- Be kind to one another.
- Ask questions. Someone else will learn from every question that you ask.
Listen deeply. Seek to understand other perspectives and speak about your perspective, without seeing it as absolute truth.
- Share your plans, strategies, and goals, your challenges and successes, your personal development, your missteps, and the lessons you learned along the way.
- Share opportunities that you are excited about.
- Offer honest and encouraging feedback to each other, and to the community.
- Stay on topic, or start a new discussion.
- Act affirmatively to clear conflict and maintain positive, mutually enhancing relationships.
This community is for:
- Connecting with people who share similar interests.
- Finding and promoting news, resources, learning opportunities, tools, and events.
- Sharing your insights, interests, ideas, and reflections.
- Interacting with other members of the online community to develop new interests, ideas, and insights.
- Learning about opportunities available and providing input on opportunities that you would like to see.
This community is NOT for:
- Discussing identifying details or specific information about a client.
- Commercial advertising or mass promotion for other organizations.
- Content which violates which infringes another’s intellectual property rights, or any copyright laws and regulations.
- Content which is pornographic, obscene, threatening, hateful, defamatory, or is otherwise deemed inappropriate.
Any violation of the User Guidelines as determined by the community staff will be handled according to the following process:
- An initial violation will result in a written explanation of the offending behaviour and a warning about the consequences of further violations.
- A second violation will result in a written explanation of the offending behaviour and a reminder that further violations will result in losing access to the community.
- A third violation will receive a written explanation of the offending behaviour and will result in losing access to the community for 3 months. At the end of that time period, the offender will be invited to re-engage in the community.
- A fourth violation will result in permanent removal from the online community.
- This community staff may choose to skip over steps in this process based on the severity of the violation. SettleNet.org reserves the right to remove user content without prior notice.
Should you have any questions about these User Guidelines, please write an email to email@example.com.